December 4, 2022 by jonoandjules
A Diana Henry recipe, impressed by however not fairly the identical because the Dominican dish. Regardless of the lengthy record of elements, that is good for a weeknight. Most will probably be in your closet and it’s totally simple to place collectively. Stunning brilliant colours and flavours. This works by itself or with some crusty bread or rice.
Wine suggestion: regardless of an inclination to go for a richer white, we fancied a crimson as an alternative, so opted for Domaine Gayda’s Cepage Grenache. A bramble, darkish crimson fruity wine with a juicy core and tender, ripe tannins. We served it somewhat chilled to nice impact and it was a scrumptious counterpoint to the chipotles (ours have been extremely popular!).
Rooster stew – for six individuals
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 800 g boneless, skinless rooster thighs
- 75 g pumpkin, peeled and minimize into 2.5 cm cubes
- 400g waxy potatoes, minimize into 1cm chunks – you’ll be able to peel them for those who like, we did not
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 crimson bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 4 tsp floor cumin
- a small can of pineapple in pure juice, drained and minimize into small items
- 400 g canned plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp tender darkish brown sugar
- 2 canned chipotles in adobo sauce, finely chopped, or 3 tablespoons chipotle paste (lower in case your chipotles are extremely popular)
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 500 ml rooster inventory
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved lengthwise and deseeded
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- a small bunch of coriander, finely chopped, to serve
Season the rooster properly with salt and pepper. Warmth 1 tbsp oil in a big frying pan and brown the rooster in batches on either side. It doesn’t must be cooked by means of at this stage. Spoon onto a plate and put aside.
Add the chopped pumpkin and potato to the pan and prepare dinner for about 5 minutes or till they start to brown. Take away and put aside.
Add the onion and bell pepper to the skillet and prepare dinner till softened and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin and prepare dinner for an extra 2 minutes.
Stir in pineapple, tomatoes, sugar, chipotles, thyme, rooster inventory. Season to style and slowly convey to the boil.
Reduce the rooster into thick strips and add to the casserole together with the juices from the plate. Add the potatoes, pumpkin and jalapeño. Stir gently and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes. Stir it sometimes. It is prepared when the greens are tender and the sauce has thickened.
Add the capers and lime juice and season to style. Stir within the cilantro and serve.
(Unique recipe from A Hen within the Hand by Diana Henry, Mitchell Beazley, 2015.)
Posted in Rooster, Meals, Gluten Free | Tagged Hen in hand, Capers, Rooster, Chipotle, Cooking, Coriander, Cumin, Diana Henry, Straightforward, Meals, Garlic, Gluten free, Lime, Pineapple, Potatoes, Pumpkin, Recipe, Crimson pepper, Thyme, Tomatoes | Depart a remark